[at-l] Thruhiking..is it a job?

> From: Slyatpct@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:36:06 EDT
> Subject: Re: [at-l] Thruhiking..is it a job?
> To: kahley7@ptd.net
> CC: at-l@backcountry.net
>
> I had this running dialouge with a buddy I hiked
> several hundred miles with
> in '97.
>
> "Snoop, it's Friday, what are we going to do this
> weekend?"

Ha!!  This made me remember reaching Pearisburg, and
visiting Blacksburg VA where I lived for 4 years after
graduating from Va Tech.  (Go Hokies!!)  I was
visiting my old company and as talking with people
there, more than one person asked what I did on the
weekends.  They were genuinely surprised when I
explained that I had no sense of a week anymore.  I
had to check my watch to find out what day it was.
There were also fairly surprised to learn that the
only real reason I had the watch was for those
occaisions when I reached town and had to be at places
before they closed.  (Ok, the watch did come in handy
on a few of those overcast days when it's impossible
to tell where the sun was...)

=====
--
Schuyler Stultz