Re[2]: [at-l] Trivia solved.....

"...My 1977 data book has the Earl Shaffer Shelter one mile north of Table Rock.
The 1998 data book names it as Peters Mountain Shelter. I don't know when or
why the name changed."

The name was changed because Earl doesn't believe in having floors in shelters -- or didn't. He
thinks the ground is more comfortable than wood for sleeping. He asked that his name be removed.
He's right about sleeping. But I love to have a place to sit when i'm cooking supper. and the bunk
platform provides it.

Weary