[at-l] Elitism, Wilderness & Through*Hikers

I think you have the point quite well in hand. If one is going to
expound on "tradition", one ought to understand that tradition and be
able to define it. This has not occurred. Handwaving arguments and
accusations of heresy show a lack of respect for tradition as well as
his audience. The AT is barely 80 years old as a concept, hardly enough
time to qualify as a tradition (just ask any Virginian). Our friend
seems to have some other agenda than the trail.

Bill...