pillow packers was Re: [at-l] Top "10" list of items to leave at home

In a message dated 6/28/01 1:27:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kahley7@ptd.net
writes:

> president emeritus of PPA (Pillow Packers of America)

Funny we should bring this up. Last June when I left my pillow home and
cursed the whole week, it got cold enough that one night I wore all my
clothes to bed. No clothes, no pillow. I was miserable, couldn't sleep (Yes
Toe, I know, I didn't hike far enough) and called certain persons on this
list really bad names.

I just remembered that on the short hike I did in the Smokies last month, I
actually tuckered my own pillow. I think what led up to this is because I
have a better bag and know I won't freeze at night. I am now pretty sure I
will have enough clothing to make a somewhat decent pillow.. My clothing
stuff sack is lined with fleece - its a bit heavier than a normal one, but
makes me feel all warm and cozy. I think I need to go sleep in my tent this
weekend.....

POG

multipart/alternative
  text/html