[at-l] Top "10" list of items to leave at home

At 11:42 AM 6/28/01 -0400, KarenS62@aol.com wrote:

><<9.  Binoculars (too heavy for their rare use)>>
>
>Rarity of use is in the eye of the beholder. If you are a birder, then you
>might just feel lost without them.

Agreed!  while I claim neither thruhiker or birder status, I pulled
the binocs from my pack last winter.  Every day I hiked, I missed
those lil suckers.  As a compromise with myself, I am i the market for
the lightest, most powerful Mon ocular I can find.

And I gotta ask....what's the pillowcase for <grin>
signed k...president emeritus of PPA (Pillow Packers of America)