[at-l] pack weight/body weight

In a message dated 6/27/2001 2:14:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
phil.heffington@oc.edu writes:

> I have always thought that the pack weight/body weight percentage discussion
> was one of the silliest exercizes in mathematics and trail logic that I have
> ever heard.

It is because most that use. have no ideal, where the numbers came from are
what it means.

It came from military research. What it means is:
1. For a person NEW to carrying a backpack, should start out with a pack no
more then 25% or 33% (I forgot the actual percentage) of there current body
weight.

2. As they get use to carrying that weight, it can be increased.

Wildbill

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---