[at-l] pack weight-1/3 body weight

The way I figure it, once I start hiking I'll lose weight, the further I go
the larger the pack I can carry and not notice the difference.  After about
two or three months I could probably carry around 90 pounds and feel the
same as I do today carrying 30-40 lbs.  (tired, sore, and always ready to
hike some more)
Pat Loomis  (who, like Mr Lubitz, spends most of his day at a desk
computing and trying to figure what the next meal will be)   ;-)