[at-l] Ready's journal June 25 Monday TD 20 PT 2

At check-in Shawn handed us a little box, "This is for you." It was a
package from Kahley! Like kids at Christmas we opened it as soon as we got
to our room.
Wrapped inside a bandana (which I immediately claimed. I'd been needing
one), we found --Ah, shucks!-- Two little "dough" ornaments - a bearded,
brown-haired hiker hunk and a blonde hikerette! Each was labeled with our
trailname and "AT '01!" We were tickled pink! A new lighter and some little
clamps completed the goodie bag. Wow! Thanks, Kahley! :-)
Our next task was a delightful one. We needed to examine the logistics for
the next several weeks. Spur's 15-year old daughter, Molly, had expressed
(via email) an interest in hiking a section with us! We were so excited to
hear this.
A goal of ours has also been to compete a trailwork project with the
Adirondack Mountain Club. This would be my 10th year and 17th project with
the Volunteer Trails Program, and I have been really excited about Spur's
interest in incorporating a project into our thruhike plans.
We'd spent a good part of our hiking day discussing options and scenarios
that would make all these goals possible. Tonight, working with a travel
agent and my parents, we were able to work out a plan that pulls all our
goals together.
It was a long day for us. It was after 10:30 PM before we were able to
start our journaling. It was daunting to consider that we'd need to be up
early in the morning for a long day of hiking. Our goal: Bowling Springs,
20 miles up the trail.