[at-l] 1970 hike

When I first did this section (one of the first I did) the trail crossed the Rte
340 Bridge over the Potomac to Sandy Hook. The trail went right down (and I mean
RIGHT down) the Blue Ridge, no switchbacks. I had to re-hike that portion to get
a continuous path because although I had hiked up Weaverton Cliffs, I had never
hiked across the bridge!

- Gary from Fairfax