[at-l] Quit-smoking hike proposed schedule...

Quit smoking backpack - eight days - Sat Sept 1 to Sat Sept 8 - Springer Mtn GA to Dicks Creek Gap GA...

Please consider joining this hike.  We have a mish-mash of people who want to quit smoking, people who have quit smoking, and people
who have never smoked.  Hey, the quit-smoking angle is merely an excuse to have a hike.  Join the group.  In keeping with the
ATC/NPS regulation of 10 hikers max, we can take a few more....

The people going (so far) are:  Me, David Addleton, Hummingbird, Dutch Treat, Clyde, (maybe) Nimblewill Nomad, Russ Dade.  David,
why not bring your daughter along?

I would like to actually start at Amicalola Falls State Park and include the Approach Trail into this hike.  There is a wonderful,
and safe, AT parking area at the park.  So, most of the cars can go there, with one or two somewhere in or around Hiawassee, which
is the other end of the hike.  There is parking at Dicks Creek Gap, but I wouldn't want to leave a car there for a week.  Maybe I'll
see if Coosa can help us out with a place for a couple of cars, and with a shuttle at the end of the hike.  Maybe David,
Hummingbird, Dutch Treat, and Nimblewill can head straight for Amicalola, and the rest of us can play around getting cars to
Hiawassee, and then people to Amicalola...

Proposed schedule:

Sat Sept 1- 4.8 miles - Amicalola to Frosty Mtn (tenting)...

*** I intend on this being an afternoon start (2 or 3pm), or we can start at different times, meeting at Frosty Mtn, or if you all
would like to lay out a little cash, maybe we can to the Hike Inn???

Sun Sept 2 - 9.8 - to Hickory Flatts (shelter/tenting)...
Mon Sept 3 - 10.6 - to Gooch Gap (shelter/tenting)...

*** At Suches (mid hike) - groceries, maildrop, phone...

Tue Sept 4 - 10.3 - Bird Gap (tenting)...
Wed Sept 5 - 10.4 - Hogpen Gap (tenting)...

*** At Neels Gap (mid hike) - outfitter, groceries, maildrop, shower, laundry, phone...

Thu Sept 6 - 11.4 - Blue Mtn Shelter (shelter/tenting)...
Fri Sept 7 - 13.0 - Addis Gap (tenting)...
Sat Sept 8 - 5.3 - Dicks Creek Gap (all done)...

We will have 7am sunrises, and 8pm sunsets, so there will be plenty of hiking hours...

Email me with suggestions, comments, questions...

pittsburgh