[at-l] New York Advice

For someone who knows the AT in NY well--

On Thursday, June 28, Jon wants to get off the trail at Bear Mountain Bridge
to go into NYC to meet friends.  He wants to stop there at a public pool he
knowns is close to the trail for a shower and change into fresh clothes
(please note, Sloetoe).  He thinks the town to the north might have a
regulatr Amtrack station where he could catch a train into NYC.  I can look
at the map, but don't know where the bridge is so I'm not sure what the town
is.

1.  What is the town to the north of the bridge that might have an Amtrack
station?

2.  Does the town have an Amtrack station?

3.  Any other ideas regarding public transportation from that area?

Thanks,
Joan

multipart/alternative
  text/html