[at-l] bear sacks? urscack versus bear canister

At 03:43 AM 6/24/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Bear sacks?  Urscack verus bear canister?  Id be curious to hear the actual
>experiences of each of these products if anyone has used them.  Is there a
>better choice?  are these even recommended?

Never heard of anyone using a sack or a can on the AT...at least not for long.
Shelters in bold bear areas often have poles to tie your food to
or lockers.  Or you learn how to bear bag.  The cans are just
waaay to heavy and overkill here in the east I think.