[at-l] Worthy Trail Cause?

In a message dated 6/23/01 5:41:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,=20
hikester@mindspring.com writes:
<Last year about this time, I think, we held an auction for The Place.=A0 We=
ll,
it's time for me to make a donation to an AT-related good cause on behalf of
the class of '96.

Anybody got an idea about who along the Trail could use a little shot in the
arm? The first idea I had was to the American Cancer Society in memory of
Maine Rose (I'm not sure when she hiked), and Duffbuster and Ms. Western
Canadian Geese, who both thru-hiked in '96 but who have since been claimed
by the disease and in honor of '96 Wildhair who's currently fighting the
stuff.>

The MATC covers the most AT miles with the least money and members. Perhaps=20
we could see what projects they have on their 'Needs money to complete' list=
?=20
While the amount we could raise would be a drop a the bucket as far as Cance=
r=20
research is concerned, the same amount could fully fund a new shelter or=20
something tangible. Maine Rose hiked in 1995, Lynn. Your 'Season on the=20
Appalachian Trail' is a great read, a really enjoyable peek inside a=20
thruhiking season. Thanks.
TJ < not a MATC member, but should be...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---