[at-l] Worthy Trail Cause?

Last year about this time, I think, we held an auction for The Place.  =
Well,
it's time for me to make a donation to an AT-related good cause on =
behalf of
the class of '96.

Anybody got an idea about who along the Trail could use a little shot in =
the
arm? The first idea I had was to the American Cancer Society in memory =
of
Maine Rose (I'm not sure when she hiked), and Duffbuster and Ms. Western
Canadian Geese, who both thru-hiked in '96 but who have since been =
claimed
by the disease and in honor of '96 Wildhair who's currently fighting the
stuff.

Anybody else have an idea?  If so, please pop it to me so that I can =
fulfill
my promise to the '96 hikers.

Lynn

multipart/alternative