[at-l] Worthy Trail Cause?

Last year about this time, I think, we held an auction for The Place.  Well,
it's time for me to make a donation to an AT-related good cause on behalf of
the class of '96.

Anybody got an idea about who along the Trail could use a little shot in the
arm? The first idea I had was to the American Cancer Society in memory of
Maine Rose (I'm not sure when she hiked), and Duffbuster and Ms. Western
Canadian Geese, who both thru-hiked in '96 but who have since been claimed
by the disease and in honor of '96 Wildhair who's currently fighting the
stuff.

Anybody else have an idea?  If so, please pop it to me so that I can fulfill
my promise to the '96 hikers.

Lynn