[at-l] trail history

In a message dated 6/22/01 7:04:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:

<<  The way you've outlined it above, you imply that
 Reagan's administration (and Bush's) played no role, when in fact the
 greater number of miles were protected between 1981 and 1993. >>

     Be careful here. From what I recall of Trail history it was decided in
1978 under the Carter administration that the 19sixty8 act was not
progressing fast enough to outpace the threats to the Trail. Any incidental
Trail preservation happening under the Watt period occurred only because
enforced contracts of deadline goals were acted upon.
    I don't want to be the list heavy, but I see ill*advised, politically
motivated attempts a revisionism for the sake of party laundering at the
expense of the facts in here. If anything, this dynamic duo was busy sucking
the environmental funding out from underneath this project during the time
period you mention.