Wow, I've just "blocked" RnR.............Re: [at-l] Flame Response : Cliff

--- RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote: ....well, I guess "nothing constructive"
would be the appropriate end of the sentence......

This is a pretty big deal for me. Wasn't it just a week or so ago that I
noted I wouldn't be blocking anyone anytime soon? Wellllll, *that* went
out the window. Three years. At least four lists. This is a first.

Shoot. And remember, I believe in a meritocracy, and will pick my "sides"
in a fight based on the instant conflict -- the immediate merits that the
sides propound -- and not on any sort of partisanship. (A "party hack" I'd
never make.) So for me to block *all* RnR's posts (for the forseeable
future) is a pretty big deal for me. It means I am turning my back on him.
(Just writing the words is giving me the willies.) It means I think
nothing constructive will be coming from this person -- it means *I* am
saying RnR is worthless in this community. Wow. Blows me away.

But there it is. And I'll stand by it. I've been patient. I've been
open-minded. And I've thoroughly wasted my time.  (And right now, and for
the forseeable future, I don't have it to waste). For as sharp-tongued and
[insert some other strong adjective in here] as Jim Owen's responses to
RnR have been, they have been right on target. My attempts to follow more
of this business have opened me to reading obnoxious, recalcitrant
distasteful drivel -- and whether driven by a pitiable or pissy mind -- I
will not waste a calorie or nanosecond more in sifting through the chafe
searching for some kernal of worth. I conclude those kernals are not
there; I conclude my time is better spent doing *anything* else.

I am optimistic about our species. I think we are all persons of worth,
and that each of us has something to offer. I think we're all entitled to
our view(s), and that we all have a responsibility to voice these views
and to listen to others'. And certainly I've fought for that right and
that recognized responsibility. I now make an exception in this outlook,
for purposes of my at-l involvement.

I hereby block Rnr. I encourage you all to think about this choice; I
hereby encourage you all to block RnR. Game out, set, match, over. Get on
with life.

Sorry for the drivel here. This is not something I've done lightly, and
I'm just giving self-serving voice to this violation of a personal ethic.

Peace.
Sloetoe
AT'79
LT'01?