[at-l] off topic, air conditioning

At 09:40 AM 6/22/01 -0400, Arthur Gaudet wrote:
>The Amana, GE, Fedders people all say I can't turn the unit and have it
>operate properly. None can tell me what will happen.

I bet it's the same thing that happens with a refrigerator.  An air bubble
forms
and screws the flow through the condenser.  I learned this when the people
at the
fridge store told be to make sure the unit was allowed to sit upright for
12 hours
(after being semi reclined on the 'dolly' as we moved it into the house) to
allow the
coolant to settle before plugging it in or it wouldn't work.