[at-l] tent question

I'm 6'1' and found that most solo tents just weren't long enough.  There are
two he should check out though...

The Nomad - it's diamond shape means there plenty of length and width to the
tent.  I can sit up easily in it.  Someone with a longer torso can probably
still sit up but may need to slouch.  Beats most of the other solo tents out
there though.  I can also bring all of my gear into the tent with me.  The
pack goes against the back wall and the boots stay near the door.  I think
the current versions weigh around 2 lbs with ground sheet.
wanderlustgear.com has more information and lots of pictures.

Also, check out the Eureka Zephyr, it's a solo free standing tent.  It's 8'
long and 3' wide.  You can easily sit up in it.  I have the older version
with the fly that does not provide a vestibule.  It's 3 lbs. 9 oz. without
the stakes.  Getting all your gear in this tent with you takes a bit more
work, but it can be done.  Had I done my thruhike with this tent, I probably
would have left most stuff outside unless it rained.

The newer version has a full coverage fly and weighs more.  But, you can
probably keep you stuff dry in the vestibule.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99

P.S.  My Zephyr may be for sale - contact me off list if you're interested.
-MF