[at-l] Boy Scout Camp

I have just spent 4 wonderful days at Camp Woodruff near Blue Ridge, GA.
Our troop sent 39 kids (double from last year), 22 of them are new scouts
(10 last year) that are participating in the "Mountain Man" program.

This program "jump starts" the kids with 4 hours of class each day and an
overnight campout (tonight).  I wasn't sure how good this program was so I
spent my time with the new scouts.

The program is great.  Their LNT class, orienteering, and knot-tying classes
were excellent.  Their cooking class covers cooking with fires, charcoal,
white gas, and alcohol (albeit briefly) and the various dangers of each.

Next month the kids will take what they've learned and start hiking on the
AT (straight up from Wesser to Rufus Morgan Shelter!) and they will be
cooking with alcohol stoves that I am making (simple ones but they work).  I
hope they get bitten with the hiking "bug" like last year's group did.

Charles