[at-l] Dangerous Doctors?

At 11:36 AM 6/21/01 -0400, Texas Twelve-Step wrote:
>No. This sounds more like a combination of legal ass-covering
>and sycophancy to a government that has increasing control
>over the profession's ultimate destiny. Yet, given these days
>where armed busybodies can come and relieve you of your
>children, property or liberty with the flimsiest of pretense, I
>think people are justifiably concerned when their doctor or
>teacher asks them about things that are really none of their
>damned business.

Is this brought to us by the same people who have plastered every
women's restroom in any medical establishment with pictures
of beaten women and "Is this happening to you?" posters?
Have to admit, I was taken aback when the ER folks questioned
me as to if I was being beaten when I went for the rabies shots.

Clueless as usual, I keep saying "no..bitten not beaten". "Not
my husband, an animal.  No, he's not an animal and he didn't bite me"
Evidently, when ever you present yourself for medical care,
they ask a lot of unrelated questions...but maybe this is a bit off track
for AT-L???