[at-l] Re: Re my gear list

Your diet sounds better than 1 lb 12 oz per day. Here is how to do Gatorade
or similar powder: Using an empty Gatorade bottle or soda bottle, filter
enough water using the in line filter as a gravity fed setup. Mix in the
powder (actually easier to put it in a dry bottle) and drink away.
Especially in the summer, I like to have the chance to carry more than 2
liters. I figure on a liter per hour, and if there are no suitable supplies
in 5-6 miles, I will be cutting margins thin (for me).

I don't make little baggies of GORP. I carry fairly large baggies of the
stuff and parcel it out over a few days. A sandwich bag full is usually
good for 2-3 days, stuffed. The salt in the GORP and the dried fruit are
very good for electrolytes. I add Macadamia nuts for the extra fat. I try
to get rid of all of it on a hike, because eating this at home will broaden
more than my horizons.

I like the simple first aid kit, as much of your gear has multiple uses
(such as the Polar Pure). Remember the sunblock and DEET, duct tape, diaper
pins and (my personal favorite) diaper creme or bag balm. I also like to
have a few Pepto tabs on hand.

Have fun!

OrangeBug
<wishing everyone a Happy Summer Soltice>