[at-l] E*Mail Effectiveness

In a message dated 6/15/01 4:55:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:

  ***  A comment made representing the general AT*L view towards WF's AT
conservation efforts:

<<  You can't even accept the reality of how and why
  most of us know that WF's email campaigns were useless - a waste of time,
  effort and resources.  Saunterer said the same thing here that I told WF 3
  years ago.  He ignored reality then because he "knew better".  And you want
  us to follow someone whose judgment is that badly flawed, whose sense of
  reality is that underdeveloped?   Get real - >>

   ***   A comment made by Dave Startzell, the Executive Director of the ATC.
Apparently he didn't accept or "know" it either.

 +  I also want to thank you (belatedly) for the support you generated for the
 Gulf tract near Max Patch. I'm familiar with that property. It will be a
 great addition to the national forest and provide an excellent buffer for
 the A.T. I know that the letters and calls of support generated by
 Trailplace made a real difference with the appropriations staff in
 Congress.  +

   *** I also made a comment about Garvey being a good example for
traditionalism. There were few responses except that, "I'm just not
listening???"