[at-l] Equipment Sorting

I use shelves too.  On the shelves are large clear plastic boxes.  I
have one for Water (bottles, filters, bladders), another for Food
(Ramen, Liptons, spices, gorp, etc.), another for Kitchen (stove,
fuel, pot, utensils), one for First Aid/Toiltries/Repair.  Clothes
are in a cheap wally-world 5 drawer dresser. Bags, pad, pack, poles,
and tents are on wire shelves on the wall above the dresser.  I
usually leave the tops off the boxes to make sure stuff can dry out
after being put away--although since it never rains whin I hike, this
probably isn't really necessary....

When it's time to go, I just go from box to box pulling something
from each according to the weather and type of hike.

I have another shelf with tools for maintenance trips (bow saw, pick
mattox, clippers, various battery powered tools, hammers, hardware,
AT signage, etc).

I still tend to over supply myself a bit, but I don't forget too many
things (much).

Cosmo