[at-l] Equipment Sorting

I'm of the Sloetoe opinion--lists for everything.  Some items go with us whenever we travel together--the MSR stove, for instance, and the thermarest and the sleeping bags.  Some items are reserved for car camping--like the battery-powered lantern.  (Necessary for those 9:00 p.m. night board or card games.) We keep one big plastic lidded tub with stuff that never goes anywhere but car cmping and another tub with stuff that might go on a variety of types of trips.  The checklist by trip type helps sort it all out.  (And keeps me from forgetting something important--like the spoons.)  Left on his own, Jon just packs what he can find in 15 minutes and copes when he gets there.

Joan
bluetraill@aol.com