[at-l] R&R..the unanswered points....

In a message dated 6/15/01 2:50:05 AM, RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:

>Persons ripping the insulation out of hotel walls in a drunken stupor do
>not feel validated by threats of traditionalism, they feel they are hiking
>their own hike without anyone trampling their sense of freedom by daring to
>question it.

Well, tell ya the truth. I've never seen anybody--on this list or
elsewhere--who would find this kind of behavior acceptable under HYOH.
Nobody.

Actually, I find it very hard to believe that anybody says, "Hey. I can get
drunk and pull out insulation because I'm allowed to hike my own hike."

This has a lot less to do with how you hike than it does with basic
attitudes, good manners, selfishness and all the rest. A person doesn't
suddenly turn into a jerk just because he reads on a list that various hiking
forms--thru, section, blue blaze, with umbrella or without, carrying a cell
phone or not, etc.--are acceptable.

If so, that person has a much greater problem than not embracing trail
traditionalism.
Vcat