[at-l] cold breakfasts that stick

--- Jim and/or Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Our usual trail breakfast is just cold cereal.  We look for the densest
> ones we can find - Quaker's 100% Natural
### amazingly high fat
> Raisin Bran
### amazingly high fiber

> Cheerios are light to carry, but don't seem to fill as well.
### mostly carbos

> I keep a supply of dried milk in the drift box,
### amazingly high carbos, not so much for the protien

> so we just mix them and enjoy.  Pop Tarts make a good snack,
> but they just don't seem to last that long.
### that "fat" thing again.

For the record, I generally go with sugar/carbo bombs like
SlimFast/GrapeNuts/Milk/Hot Water in the summer, but am changing my mind
about winter... PopTarts and a stick of butter sounds yummy.... Maybe
sprinkle some instant coffee on the butter....MMmmmm.

Sloetoe

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!