[at-l] R 'n R's Apology For Traditionalism

I read R&R's statement and see no necessary connection at all between a
"socializing hike" and weekend or section hikes, or lunchtime strolls, for
that matter. For that matter, the lunchtime stroll may be held to much
*more* of a high standard, to where place and time *matter,* and to where
company does *not*. "Socializing," on the other hand, should *not* matter
where it is done -- whether on the AT or on a city street (or *HELLO* on
the internet). But if there's no necessary connection between the AT and a
desire to socialize, then take the socialization off the trail.
Sloetoe
(not making much of a dent in the email yet....)

--- OIdMaster@aol.com wrote:
> Vcat quotes:
> RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:
> > I do feel that much more approving of socializing hikes is encountered
> on websites by people intending well by accepting all forms of hike but
> not realizing they are lending assistance to lowering Trail standards.
> And then wonders:
> "My impression from this statement is that you believe people who
> weekend or section hike, and those who accept such hiking, are lowering
trail standards. Is that what you're saying? Vcat"

> You hit that nail right on the head, Vcat. He's saying we are beneath
> "His" standards.
> OldMaster

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!