[at-l] Standing indian hike

does this sound doable?  any comments?  Questions are at the end

I came up with this as a hike, last night.  some of the miles are
long, but, the terrain makes it look doable.  what'cha think?

Start : Wayah gap.
day 1 : swinging lick gap;  5 miles
day 2 : big spring shelter; 10 miles
(an alternate would be the extra 3 miles downhill to betty creek gap &
a great water source)
day 3 : standing indian mtn; 13 miles
day 4 : out.  either 4.2 or 2.4 miles depending on where I park.

now the questions ...

* what's that road like to Wayah gap?  State 1310, from 64? My shuttle
person is not sure of herself on mtn roads.

* what's water & camping like at swinging lick gap.  It's about a mile
north of winding stair gap.  the log book said there was water and
camping here.  can anyone remember this spot?

* what is big spring shelter like?  is there water?  does the spot
support tenting?

* 13 miles sounds like a lot on either day 2 or 3.  I hate scheduling
that kind of mileage.  I've done it before, but, was very tired.

* what about camping on standing indian?  is this a good idea? how
hard is water to find?  the guide book mentioned a source 1/4 mile
down an unmarked trail. is this true?

* How about parking???  the options are at deep gap or standing indian
campground. the difference is 1.8 miles of hiking on the lower ridge
trail.  but, a lot less driving to/from the CG.  the CG would be
watched; any vandal reports from the gap?

Thanks y'all!

I was just thinking about all this while writing it.   It sure is nice
to have access to this much information.  Anyone who calls this a
"wilderness experience" has to be a little touched.  :)

also, there is one option to this hike.  pitch a tent at rainbow
springs, and sleep late, swim in the river, drink beer and eat steaks
for a couple of days.

t.