[at-l] R 'n R's Apology For Traditionalism

OK Rick - so I was trying to be lazy and you made me go back and find the
numbers :-)

The number you're looking for is 235 - in 1990.  Not quite double, but a
respectable - and significant increase over the 148 in 1987 (58+ %).  The
peak effect takes 3 or 4 years to develop, not 2.  '87 doesn't count, in '88
people start thinking about it, in '89 a few more of them get their act
together, in '90 - the peak load hits the Trail.

1973), and then the effect of the 1977 Geographic article (1978-1980).  Been
there and done this analysis - just not recently.  :-)

Walk softly,
Jim