[at-l] WF and Saddleback in Maine

Yup. When your children hike with *their* children, there will be trees on
that land, *and* an extra piece thanks to the harvest. Keep your life
membership to the Nature Conservacny intact.

Econotoe

--- Texas Twelve-Step <texas12step@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Tim Hewitt wrote:
> There was a notice in another post about the large land tract that
> the Nature Conservancy purchased for pennies on the dollar in Western
> Maine. Well they logged it. Clearcut it in fact. The justification was
that clearcutting the property was the best way to raise enough money to
protect more land in Maine. Clearcutting was much cheaper than selective
cutting and yielded much
> > more profit. "The trees will grow back. Land will not." I kid you not.
>
> This doesn't trip my irony meter at all. The Nature Conservancy
> always were a tactical bunch. Cutting the trees strikes me as a much
> better method of raising cash than selling off their so-called "lesser"
> properties.

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!