[at-l] AT traditions, was Wanchor Report

In a message dated 6/14/2001 9:22:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bluetrail@aol.com writes:

> He was heading out to celebrate at the ice cream shop with the famous
> half-gallon challenge.  If you eat a half gallon of ice cream in one
> sitting,
> they put a wooden spoon with your name on it on the wall.  (At $5.75 for
> the
> half-gallon, they ought to do something.)  Jon's ice cream of choice was to
> be "moose tracks."

Hey, isn't that one of the AT traditions?    Eating a half gallon of ice
cream at the halfway point for a stupid little wooden spoon. (didn't have the
five bucks)

Now it's coming back, but I can only remember two others.  Number one,
picking up a small stone at Springer and placing it on Katahdin. (didn't
learn of this 'til I was well up the trail)

And number three,  mooning that godawful cog railway on Mt Washington!
(probably my best day on the trail)

Any other traditions, I may have forgetton about?

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---