[at-l] The Burn and FSN/Cotton/Rules

OB--

Thanks for the info on burn treatment.  What would you do if you aren't
packing the Silvadene burn treatment?  Just skip that step or apply
something else?

One reason I am disinclined to add Silvadene to my own first aid kit is the
practical and moral dilema of providing aid to someone other than myself or
wife who might be in need of it.  As a prescriptive drug, I would be afraid
that I might do some harm with the Silvadene to a person whose medical
history is unknown to the prescribing physician. On the other hand, I would
want to render the best help I could.  I wouldn't know what if the Silvadene
was OK to use if my friend's toddler burned his hand, for example.  At the
same time, it would be hard to leave the ointment sit in my pack.  What
would you suggest doing in those kinds of situations?

Rick Boudrie