[at-l] Access to Baxter State Park

In a message dated 6/12/01 9:00:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,=20
rickboudrie@hotmail.com writes:

>Still, here is what I would do if I were in your position.=A0 I would send=20=
an=20
overnight letter along with the proper reservation form and check for the=20
dates you want requesting bunkhouse space at "Roaring Brook Campground".=A0=20=
I=20
would also include a VERY nice note explaining your willingness to accept=20
any other accommodation, or be put on a waiting list (which probably doesn't=
=20
exist) for such a spot.<

well.... Roaring Brook CG is on the 'wrong side' of the mountain, fer one. I=
f=20
you are willing to hump a pack filled with gear and food to get you from=20
Baxter to Monson up and over Katahdin, you're a better man than I, Gunga Din=
.=20
And no, there's no waiting lists for openings. The unused sites and bunks=20
that abound in Baxter are thre result of the January rush to make=20
reservations. That's a quite a long time to make plans ahead, and there's no=
=20
refund option. If you have to cancel there's no way your reserved spot can b=
e=20
put back into circulation, and no incentive (a refund) to try.
 TJ
=20

multipart/alternative
  text/html