[at-l] Re: [at-l]WFwas R 'n R's Apology For Traditionalism (LONG)

> I think that's a bigger sign of the times than anything else.  dan didn't
> invent partying, he just helped a lot of people learn about a new place to
> do it.

I spoke to Dan several times on the phone prior to his establishing TP.  I
offered ideas that I thought were feasible for him to accomplish right away
and he did say that he would consider them.  At that time, Waldo, (waldo
takes a walk), was there assisting him in setting up the site.

One of my main points was that he put the handbook online for free.  He did
not say that he wouldn't but neither did he state that he would.  He just
said that it was an interesting idea. I was used to using the Philosopher's
Guide but since it's demise, I thought that Bruce had the wherewithal to put
out an even better guide.  Boy, was I wrong.  The first post that I
postulated that Bill Clinton was a sorry SOB, he kicked me off after asking
me to apologize to the group.

I sincerely feel that Trailplace is the beginning of the end of the
Appalachian Trail as some of us know it.  We are now starting to see some of
the dregs of society, whom we had avoided by hitting the trail, out there.
It will only get worse on this trail, partly because of Trailplace.

Bruce does not do all the work on the site by himself!  He never has.  He
enlists the aid of those faithful adherents to his philosophy as they arrive
in Hot Springs seeking to pay homage to their God of the Trail, Wingfoot....

The above is the damn truth or I wouldn't have written it.  Sometimes I am
flamed to hell and back for one of my posts.  Well, so be it.  I do believe
that you should post what you feel and know if you think that it will make
any difference.  I just felt this would kind of explain a little bit more
about myself.  In this same vein, I apologize to this group if I have caused
any hurt feelings by some of my past invectives..    I ask that you read
below and ponder, or you could just delete the entire post.

Sincerely,

Jack

"The grocer's bawd she slips her hand in the haricot bag, the
lady in waiting sips her sup from the paraffin can, Mrs. Wildhare
Quickdoctor helts her skelts up the causeway the flasht instinct
she herds if a tinkle of tunder, the widow Megrievy she knits cats'
cradles, this bountiful actress leashes a harrier under her tongue,
and here's the girl who she's kneeled in coldfashion and she's told
her priest (spt !) she's pot on a chap (chp !) and this lass not least,
this rickissime woman, who she writes foot fortunes money times
over in the nursery dust with her capital thumb. Buzz. All run-
away sheep bound back bopeep, trailing their teenes behind
them. And these ways wend they. And those ways went they.
Winnie, Olive and Beatrice, Nelly and Ida, Amy and Rue. Here
they come back, all the gay pack, for they are the florals, from
foncey and pansey to papavere's blush, foresake-me-nought,
while there's leaf there's hope, with primtim's ruse and marry-
may's blossom, all the flowers of the ancelles' garden."