Re[2]: [at-l] aWFul Putnam Mine...

At 10:24 AM 6/11/01 -0400, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 6/11/2001 3:15:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:
>
> > I also see a need for a source for his
> > "traditional" views of which nobody else seems willing to take up. I
> > suppose he is a little strict about it, but I assume he is trying to
> impress the
> > seriousness he puts in it.

>Although I've heard it many times, I'm still at a loss as to what
>"traditional" thru-hiking actually means?

Well Sly, I don't know either. WF has been quoted as saying that Earl's
hike didn't meet his definition and I was of the (mis?)impression that Earl
started it all so I'm truly mystified were the "tradition" (whatever it is)
even began.

Saunterer (who hopes to hike his own hike, "traditional" or not)