[at-l] Bear Reports?

In a message dated 6/11/2001 9:12:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
charles@uswnet.com writes:

> I just got back from taking a couple of hikers to Springer and they told me
> that there have been reports of bears tearing into packs at the shelters
> between Stover Creek and Neel's Gap.  Has anyone else heard this?
>
> Does anyone have a favorite way of dealing with bears (besides running in
> the opposite direction?)

Haven't heard that one, but regardless of the situation, running is the very
worst you can do........  as is leaving unprotected leftover food in a
shelter where a bear is likely to return for another free meal.

Throw rocks, not snicker bars!

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html