[at-l] History (wasWarning! WF Post)

At 10:18 AM 6/10/01 -0700, Orange Bug wrote:
>However, both are very good at assuming authorship of other's
>endeavors. Your comparison might hold water, except that the Gates' boy
>paid for his rights.

Only after selling them first.  He didn't write the DOS program that
launched Microsoft.  He knew the guy who did and went to IBM with it, of
course not telling IBM it wasn't his.  Only *after* selling it to IBM did
he buy it from the real author, of course without telling the author that
IBM had already paid him for it.

My thought was that both Bill and Dan are building on things others started
and at the same time trying to squeeze everyone else out of the
picture.  Granted that Bill has been more successful financially but both
have inspired the same kind of enmity from their efforts to build a monopoly.