Re[2]: [at-l] Re: Cotton

--- Bob Cummings <ellen@clinic.net> wrote:
> The best winter garment I ever owned was a 100 percent long fiber cotton
> pull over. When it got wet
> the fibers expanded, making it both waterproof and breathable. It worked
> better than any Goretex. Unfortunately, LL Bean
> stopped selling it three decades ago. Too many people read the
> advertising hype about "cotton kills."

### Serious backcountry travelors are willing to pay serious green for
serious gear that works. There's a serious reason that goose down and silk
still go on expeditions: they work, and the advertising hype can't put 'em
down. Cotton, however, kills; there's no reason to leave a trailhead handicapped.

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!