[at-l] questions for northbound thru-hikers

--- Melissa P <pieszcha@hotmail.com> wrote:

> for those of you who have thru hiked the AT... what would you do
> differently?
### I would separate my sleeping from my dinner more -- having dinner
early and marching on as an after differ treat. With water. To sleep more
often at the tops of the mountains.
### I would eat like I did on the last 700 miles -- eating like a horse
from preplanned food drops.
### I would stay in towns for less than a day.
### I would drink more beer.
### I would head to Nova Scotia.
### I would swim. (Well, maybe.) (BIG maybe.)
### I would read philosophy.
### I would probably hike without a hiking stick.
### I would hike overnight.
### I would eat more half-gallons of ice cream.
### I would write more post cards.
### I would side-trip to DC and NYC.

> what were you grateful that you brought?
### Everything in my pack.

> anything you carried that you really didn't need?
### I started out carrying underwear. But then I slept in it, leaving my
filthy, stand up by themselves shorts *outside* the bag at all times, so I
guess the undies were filling a need. I carried enough first aid for the
101st Airborne, ended up with bacitracin, duct tape, and safety pins.

> going northbound, what's the more challenging part of the trail?
Gorham, New Hampshire to Andover, Maine. Flog yourself to make 1mph.

Hope this helps!
Sloetoe

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!