[at-l] Warning! WF Post, almost.

### My position: The Dan *is* a legitimate AT issue, and deserves open
discussion/acknowledgement.

### Jim's position:.... <below> ... is much, much, much better than mine.

### And you know what? Jim and I are both planning New England hikes right
now with some of the best people we know on the planet. We are debating
(with ourselves, at any rate) Liptons versus rice, peanuts versus cashews,
ponchos versus shells. Deep subjects. Cold breakfast or hot? Mannnnnn. I
have issues. I have *feelings* about these things.

### I have just finished (I *SO* hope) an employment version of "finals
week" -- about 5 weeks of unrelenting scramble. POG showed me pictures of
myself at Trail Days, and now I see why I ran 37 miles crappily instead of
50 miles happily. Time to officially put in for that vay-kay. TIME TO
HIKE. TIME TO SEW SO HIKE STAY DRY. TIME TO PLAN SO SEW GO WELL. (Time to
cut the fronts off of my shoes, climb a tree, and learn to play the flute
with my toes.) Spatior! Nitor, Nitor, in Nitor! Ahhhhhhhh, yes.

### Hope all of you are very well. We *are* a community, and I hope that
*none* of our vigorous debates *ever* change that.

Sloetoe

--- Jim Mayer <jmayer@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
My own gut feeling is that the soul of this group dies a little every time
someone posts a diatribe against Mr. Bruce.  It has nothing to do with Mr.
Bruce, and everything to do with us.

And, eventually, we should let them know why we don't discuss Mr. Bruce on
the AT-L... not because we respect him, or are afraid of him, or
particularly admire him, but because we value ourselves and our community
too much.

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!