[at-l] Warning! WF Post

This isn't going to be mean spirited.  It's more like a reality
check.  WF's post to ATML complained that he had just spent 127 hours and
$7000 upgrading Trailplace and questioned whether anyone else reading his
message had made that large a contribution to the trail community
(paraphrased.  I didn't keep the original post, but I'm fairly sure that's
an accurate representation).

Question 1 - I believe he did this voluntarily, did he not?  So why
complain about doing it?  Nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to
do it.

Question 2 - What is the "Trail Community"?  Is it only Trailplace and ATML
or everyone who uses/enjoys the AT?  If the latter then TP reaches maybe
1/10th of 1 percent of those who spend some time on the AT annually.

Question 3 - If by the "Trail Community" he means Trailplace/ATML isn't
that his property? Those who defend his tight control over TP keep
reminding us of that fact, so how those 127 hours and $7000 constitute a
contribution to the trail rather than an investment in his own trail based
business?

Just asking.  Inquiring minds want to know.  Frankly I thought the post
read like it was written by someone who just put in a 127 hour week and
badly needed rest.

Saunterer