[at-l] Photon stove

I used the PHoton stove on a recent 120 mile hike in South Dakota (called the
Centennial Trail, highly recommended, little used trail)  I used exactly 1 oz
for 1pint of water and found I needed less than 2 oz for a quart.  Was using
denatured alcohal.  I was extremely impressed by the performance, would
definately use it on my thru hike.  I was surprized at the ease in which it
lit and how fast it came to a boil.  One way I would check to see if it was
lit since it is so hard to see is to put my hands on around the outside of
the windscreen.  It was easy to feel the heat.  When I was priming it, I also
put a little more on the dish, and could hear the "whoosh" when it was
working.  After reading the "burn" post, think I'll be more careful about
relighting, but sure loved the way it worked.  And this is from a person who
loves her lightweight stove that uses a propane/butane canister.  I am not
sure I could ever figure out how to get a simmer out of the Photon, but as
long as I get my tea and oatmeal first thing in the morning, the rest of the
day is good! :)

Leapfrog

multipart/alternative
  text/html