[at-l] backpacker

Got the latest issue of Backpacker in the mail the other day. Two cover
articles, one on Sierra backcountry and the other on high ridges. So,
having to disqualify Jim+Ginny <vbg>, I was wondering who among the rest of
us have been to a large number of those locations (sorry, don't have the
list with me).
I was a little disappointed that they didn't have more of a write-up on the
ridgle line walk out to Clouds Rest in Yosemite, because it's just a
boggling walk. The edge never really gets all that narrow, 8-10 feet if I
go by my memory, but there is just so much AIR around you <g>, and very
little on those glacier polished cirques that would even slow down a
falling object, forget about stopping it...
And of course they had Katahdin and the Knife Edge.

skeeter