[at-l] Ice Age Trail

--- "Drake, Russ SKCS" <draker@kearsarge.navy.mil> wrote:
> I know this has nothing to do with the AT, but since I have not heard
> anything from the IAT newsgroup I thought I would send out feelers here.
>
> My two brothers are in Wisconsin and are getting interested in back
> packing and we are planning on a little BP get together next spring.  I
was looking at doing some hiking in South Dakota until I heard about the
Ice Age Trail. Has anyone been there and I am looking for something that
will take about 3 nights and 4 days to do.
> Thanks in advance
>  Russ

### In May of 1980, I hiked 65 miles of the IAT from WI13 west, through
the Chequamegon National Forest. It was very gently rolling, some short
little puds, one pretty little overlook (in 60+ miles), just enough black
flies to make 3x20 days better than the 4x15s I had planned. The mud was
minimal, the water good, the weather perfect for hiking (50-60*F). But be
prepared for closed in distances... I'm sure the forest has grown even
some thicker in 20 years...

Sloetoe

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!