[at-l] Flaming Sil-Nylon Safer Than Doctors?

Sloetoe wrote:
> ### Dave: not to take anything away from your pissedoffedness, but I read
> Herr Bug's comments to be in complete keeping with the tremendous font of
> dry humor (and a goodly bit of it being self-effacing) that he's been
> throwing out onto the list since Trail Days. Those of us lucky enough to
> enjoy his company there -- and especially the Sunday Morning Reconing
> breakfast in "the swamp" -- have been held in gut-busting hysterics (no
> lie) with the droll little comments and quips with which he's been lacing
> his emails. I take "...guess I'll just go cook under my sil-nylon" as akin
> to him looking at his over-heated forearm and saying "Well! So much for
> *my* safety speech! *Dang*, but that hurts!"

What the SloeOne said.  And I never met the doc in person.  And did this
really need to be cross posted to 3 lists?  I wonder if Pissed Off Dave
(POD? - I smell a new trail name) also called his mother to tell her
that the big bad doc tweaked his nose.

Or....

Maybe this was a crafty marketing maneuver to pump up the message
traffic on TQEML - "This list...used for the friendly discussion of
hiking, backpacking, trails...etc"
- 18 msgs since 1/1/01?

Steve

I will not post sarcastic msgs to the list.
I will not post sarcastic msgs to the list.
I will not post sarcastic msgs to the list.
I will not post sarcastic msgs to the list....er how many times do I
have to write this?