[at-l] Re: AT-L digest, Vol 1 #253 - 38 msgs

Jim--
	Let me now what your schedule is.  I live right near the S
end of the LT, and would be happy to shuttle if my schedule permits.
I can probably help w/ storage as well.  Good parking available at
the southern terminus of LT.  I'm checking on condition of the
Arlingotn-West Wardsboro road, I've heard rumors of some damage to it
over the winter, though there is nothing posted on the GMC website.
http://www.greenmountainclub.org/LTb.cfm.

Cosmo

>From: "Jim Mayer" <jmayer@rochester.rr.com>
>To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
>Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 19:35:46 -0400
>Subject: [at-l] Looking for shuttles in Vermont
>
>Hi all,
>
>I'm planning a backpacking trip with my daughters (ages 9 & 13) this =
>August and am looking at a section on the AT/LT in southern Vermont.  =
>The biggest problem I have is the driving logistics:
>
>(1) I'm looking for people/businesses/whatever that could give us a =
>shuttle.
>
>(2) This is part of a larger vacation, and I'd love to have a place to =
>drop off some stuff so it doesn't attract vandals.  This is less =
>critical, since we could travel real light if we had to.
>
>My current thought is to do division's one and two of the Long Trail and =
>end up at the trailhead on Arlington-West Wardsboro road.
>
>Does anybody have any ideas, information, or inspiration?
>
>Thanks.
>
>-- Jim

Cosmo Catalano, Jr. <ccatalan@williams.edu>
Production Manager