Re[2]: [at-l] Appalachian Trail: The Quick Way

--- andy <lab@glis.net> wrote:

> >><< Even this Southern boy's perception of New
> surprised. Central NJ (Pine Barrens) provided many
> days and nights of  > solitude. I had never even
heard of the Batona
> Trail!

Tom Brown, the modern guru of tracking has his classes
out of there. Interesting guy. His most famous work is
called, appropriatley enough, _The Tracker_.

A co-worker of mine went through his basic tracking
course and described it as a very intense experience.

He also described the Pine Barrnes as very beautiful
and wild, and my this person is a Colorado native!

=====