[at-l] Gore Tex Boots

My Gore Tex boots worked great for me when I was
walking in 4-6 inches of snow through NC, TN, and GA
in November/December. My feet were freezing cold, but
they at least stayed dry. The non-Gore Tex people were
not so lucky.

I didn't notice that they were any hotter than other
boots I'd worn (I wore fabric/leather Gore-Tex boots
on my thru-hike). I didn't notice the real benefit of
the Gore Tex, actually, until I was walking a lot in
the snow. My boots were soaked from the snow on the
outside, but my cold feet at least stayed dry.

Anyway, that's my $0.02.

Waterfall
ME-GA 2000

=====