[at-l] Gore Tex Boots

Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:
> In '97 we were in an outdoor shop in Durango, Colorado and on the wall of
> the boot section was a notice that said "Goretex boots are a ripoff".  Which is what I'd already been telling people for 5 years.

I went to my local outfitter to replace a pair of 3 yr old Salomon Exit
Mids when I found out that they now come with a goretex lining.  Says I
to the salesperson, "They ruined 'em", says he "Yeah, I know, bummer".
Well I'm getting more comfortable hiking with the NB 703's and might
just make them my 3 season footwear.
Steve